Get inspired! Learn the art of storytelling through audio and create a 360 film audio mix in our world class studio facility.
In-depth, hands-on training throughout the day on industry standard software. Learn from the pros. See the workshop overview below.
Sponsored by Dysonics and co-hosted with VRFilmmakers Meetup Group.
January 21st, 2017 | 9:30am-6pm | Pyramind 832 Folsom Street, San Francisco CA
Pyramind Discounted Tickets available for $149 (from $175)
Workshop Curriculum Overview:
World building exercise (VR Filmmakers)
Seminar / Working (Ticket includes lunch)
Dysonics Product and Platform Overview (David Grunzweig & Jimmy Tobin)
Overview Presentation (Brennan Anderson)
- What is HRTF and localized (3D) sound. Overview of state of the industry and available toolsets.
- Location Sound Recording and Capture: Lavalier (Lav), Shotgun, Ambisonic, and Binaural microphones
- Format Conversions (ambisonic A vs B format) and res down video content for working in the DAW of your choice (We will be using Pro Tools) (mp4). Different programs that can do this.
- For Rondo360, we must have a monophonic video. Talk about different formats of 360 video.
Hands On Workshop (Greg Gordon) with Dysonics Tech Assistance (David Grunzweig & Jimmy Tobin)
- Introduction to DAW Basics using Pro Tools: Importing dialogue and ambient field recordings.Discuss similarities to standard film post, and present and review pre-configured spotting session.
- SFX Selection, Sound Design, Spotting to Picture
- Effects and Processing chains
- Syncing Pro Tools and Rondo360
- Previewing 360 video in Rondo360 with head tracking
- Automating Rondo360 data in Pro Tools
- Format requirements for exporting based on distribution platform (Facebook, Youtube, Other)
- Exporting 360 audio to video, metadata and uploading requirements
Live Music Performance
- Recording comparing SPS200 Ambisonic Mic and ROndo 360 Binaural Mic in Pyramind’s Studio A
- Wrap up and networking Session