Producing & Arranging with Matt Donner
Includes 6 Hours of One-On-One Mentorship
Pyramind’s brand new online producing and arranging class takes our most popular class from our ground campus and delivers it to you at home. Matt teaches the class within Ableton Live, but you can follow along in any DAW that you choose.
Not only do you get a rich online learning environment packed with text, images and video, you also get six hours of one-on-one mentorship through the Pyramind Mentorship Network, up to $600 in value, included in the price of your course.
This course will help you finish songs, make better musical decisions and determine what sounds and parts belong together. You’ll learn about the role of drums, bass, chords, harmony and melody. Specific attention and time are given to arranging and how you make your song work over time. Once your song is arranged you’ll learn about building a solid mix to let your parts really speak to the listener.
Courses Start Monthly
Other benefits include:
Six hours of private mentorship through the Pyramind Mentorship Network (up to $600 value)
Academic discount pricing on Ableton Live 9 Suite or Standard
- Special discounts with EDU partners
Have questions? Use the form at the end of this page to reach out to our online admissions team.
- Rhythm Part I
The “King of all Beats”
Using rhythm to structure your overall song
Choosing sounds for your beat
- Rhythm Part II
3 ways to make your beats better
IABO: what is it and why is it so important?
- Struggling with bass parts? Let the beat dictate your bass line.
- Choosing your key – colors, keys and moods
- Harmony Part I
- Choosing chords that fit your bass
- Choosing chords before you do bass
- Colors, keys and moods – (not just for bass)
- Harmony Part II
- Inversions – why they matter and how they can pre-fix your mix
- The 1 BIG cheat to make your songs thicker, moodier and fatter with no work
- What makes them “stick”?
- How do you build one?
- The 2 kinds of melodies and how to recognize them in your songs other’s
- Arranging Part I
- The different ways to structure a track
- The emotional arc – what is it and why do we care? You should…
- Arranging Part II
- Why it is just not that hard. Really!
- The secret to why you’re probably doing it wrong and not finishing songs.
- When to start – and when to go back to the drawing board
- Mixing Part I
- The 6 steps of mixing
- Why “Stage Zero” is a must-do, no matter what anyone else tells you!
- Mixing Part II
- When to automate and when not to. Strategies for saving time
- Finishing up! Yes, the finish line is close. It only looks far away…
Questions? Ask our admissions team: