Happy holidays and happy new year from all of us at Pyramind!
Our 2016 was filled with plenty of highlights, from new students to new clients and projects to an entirely new mentorship network.
We’ve wrapped up our annual holiday party and we’re taking a few moments to reflect on some of 2016’s best moments.
Welcome New Students, Congratulations Graduates!
Pyramind welcomed many new students across our various programs in 2016, including three enrollments to our full-time programs in San Francisco, regular monthly online courses, night courses, and our brand new online mentorship network.
As always, the coming of new students means the graduation of others as they move on to the next stages of their careers and we have full confidence in their endeavors.
Introducing The Pyramind Mentorship Network
For the first time ever, Pyramind is now offering 1-on-1 private mentorship through our online network. We’ve designed the Pyramind Mentorship Network to connect students from around the world with working professionals to learn exactly what they need, exactly when they need it.
Students can choose mentors based on a wide range of topics, including music production, music business, and artististic development.
Pyramind Studios – New Website, New Clients
Pyramind Studios, the professional creative services division of Pyramind, got a fresh new online look at studios.pyramind.com.
2016 Pyramind Studios Projects:
- The entire dialog pipeline for Ubisoft’s Watchdogs 2.
Pyramind Studios was the perfect partner to help cast and record the sequel to this open world action adventure set in San Francisco and the Bay Area. We’re excited to see it’s 4.5 star rating on Steam!
- Working on the VR Game: Arcade Saga.
We partnered with HTC Vive’s studio 2Bears to create the music, sound design and voices for this exciting modern spin on classic arcade style gaming that has 4 stars on Steam.
- Collaborating with development partners Eat Sleep Play to create all the music, sound design and voices for Zinga’s release of Ice Age: Arctic Blast.
Other Pyramind Studios highlights include:
- On-going work with Microsoft still under NDA.
- Developing the UI sound design and “voice of” for an exciting new tech product being developed by LifeBeam.
- Working with tech giants Nvidia and GoPro on new product launches and UI sound Design.
- Providing surround mix services to our friends at Emotion Studios.
- Providing cinematic surround mixes for our friends at Madefire Productions.
- Providing Musical Direction for an Oculus Ad with our friends at The Hub SF.
- On-going dialog casting, direction and recording for Netmarble.
- New hires Brennan Anderson as senior producer and Evan Edelist as VP of Business development.
- The production of a custom ambisonic sound library to be published in 2017.
- The development of a new music licensing catalog soon to be revealed in 2017.
YouTube.com/Pyramind Got a Face Lift
We built our very own video set for creating YouTube videos on music production tutorials, artist interviews, and more.
“The Set,” where we film most of our YouTube tutorials
Most Watched Video
61k 👀 • 1,750 👍
Matt Donner’s Theory & Arrangement Breakdown of Disclosure’s “Latch ft. Sam Smith”
We pride ourselves on being a musical hub of the San Francisco Bay Area, and that means bringing people together. Our SOMA event space is host to live events every month, where we bring artists and industry professionals together with our students and community members for series like our Elite Sessions, MindShares, and An Evening With….
- An Evening with iZotope
- Elite Session with K Theory
- Pyramind Club Takeover at Temple SF
- An Evening with Keith McMillen feat. Thavius Beck
- Elite Session with Vekked – 5 Time DMC World Champion
- Elite Session with MOTi
- MindShare – Audio for VR & AR, Robotics, and Artificial Intelligence
- An Evening with Beatstars – Learn to Sell Your Beats Online
- Elite Session with Mr. Bill