In this episode Greg and DJ Celeste discuss the transition of the current live music industry from venues and festivals to online live-streaming, Twitch and VR parties, and using tools like Tiltbrush and Blender.
- Collaborating with cello Joe in Oakland.
- Filming a music video pre-covid.
- The amount of musicians and producers in our orbit.
- Producing and releasing music during quarantine.
- Making vibrant music with Ableton for ecstatic dance parties.
- The Boutique Electronique label in Germany.
- Producing Hip-hop.
- Livestreams with costumes.
- The financial impact of Covid-19 on the artist community.
- Learning to adapt to the new normal.
- Social media marketing.
- Wanting to believe in the arts and the good of people.
- The cutting edge of music technology and its effect on the perspective of art imitating life and life imitating art.
- Making VR art with Tiltbrush for events in Second Life.
- Using Blender with help from a Pixar animator.
- The struggle of using Mac vs Windows when developing in VR.
- Learning how to use Unity.
- Learning new platforms like Roblox, while mitigating the concern of too much screen time.
- Missing Burning Man, adapting to the “Virtual Burn”.
- Love of Anime, love of Unicorns.
- Using Tribe XR as a VR platform to educate new and upcoming DJs, especially during quarantine.
- Different VR creative and performance platforms like Wave and AltSpace, different platforms integration with Rekordbox.
- Purchasing an Oculust Quest, and performing in VR at the Great Northern SF Nightclub.
- Live VR performance DJ set.
We rely on listeners like you to help us get this information into more people’s hands. Please take 20 seconds while you listen to leave us a quick review!
I connect artists and producers to their purpose and help launch their careers.
Executive, producer & engineer with over 25 years in the music and video game industries: technical and creative services, business development and management, music publishing & education.
Host of the “Mentor My Mix” Podcast that features interviews with a global network of industry professionals, producers, artists and educators.
I have conducted panels and spoken at: SXSW, The SF Music Tech Conference, AES Conference, The Academy of Art, SFSU, and GRAMMY Sound Tables.
Voted entrepreneur of the Year by The Renaissance Center For Entrepreneurship and awarded ICIC’s (Initiative for a Competitive Inner City) top 100 fastest growing inner city companies in America.
30 year voting member of The Recording Academy (The Grammys). Served on the board of Governors and as a Trustee.
Clients have included: HTC Vive, Microsoft Studios, Insomniac Games, Ubisoft, Disney, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Blizzard and Zynga, working on award-winning titles like: Watch Dogs 2, Halo Anniversary, Sunset Overdrive, God Of War, World Of Warcraft, Kinect Disneyland, Arcade Saga VR, and Tron Run/r.
Music credits include working with many globally recognized recording artists including Rob Garza (Thievery Corporation), Giorgio Moroder, K Theory, Rain Phutureprimitive, The Bronx, Merl Saunders & Jerry Garcia (The Grateful Dead) and Rocker T & the legendary Joan Baez amongst many others.