The Canadian-born house DJ and record producer Jay Tripwire comes to Pyramind for a lecture on music production, DJing and his take on music business. Watch as he designs a new track from start to finish, incorporating sounds from the audience. He also talks to the computer, a lot.
Part One & Two:
- Part One: Introduction, ultrabeat drums, EXS24 and ES2 synth stabs through an autofilter.
- Part Two: Reverb, mixing techniques and experimentation. Pads are added to the track.
Part Three, Four & Five:
- Part Three: Mastering from home, bass, adding hats and claps to the track.
- Part Four: Reverb, reference monitors, workflow, and the MicroTonicAU drum machine.
- Part Five: Live instrumentation, recording Dania’s vocal as well as audience applause.
Part Six, Seven & Eight:
- Part Six: Editing and mixing Dania’s vocal, ringshifter on the drums.
- Part Seven: FX using the audience’s own applause and more vocal mix techniques.
- Part Eight: Making it in the music industry and promoting.
Part Nine, Ten & Eleven:
- Part Nine: Approaching labels, more promotion, and working from home.
- Part Ten: Arranging the track to be mixed by a DJ, and early automation.
- Part Eleven: Drum automation, filter automation, fx automation.
Part Twelve & Thirteen:
- Part Twelve: Building a breakdown and adjusting mix levels.
- Part Thirteen: Final Q&A and track listen.