Elite Session with Vekked | Video Recap
Scratching has evolved over the years into its own art form. Pyramind was honored to host a true master of the craft for this very special Elite Session with Vekked. Watch the video recap of our event with internationally acclaimed 5-time DMC World Champion DJ and producer.
Vekked gives us personal insight into his scratch techniques and notation, his grueling practice regimen, hardware hacks, and more. He also performs several winning routines – including his 2015 DMC World Championship set.
The action packed free event was open to the public – and Vekked took a bunch of questions from the audience.
You can book a one-on-one DJ mentorship session with Vekked through the Pyramind Mentorship Network.
- 00:01:12 – 2015 DMC World Championship Routine
- 00:08:30 – History | How Vekked Became a DJ
- 00:16:58 – First DMC Regional Competition
- 00:21:29 – Online Poker Career
- 00:22:57 – DMC 2011 Canada
- 00:24:38 – 2011 DMC Canada Routine (Local Regional)
- 00:32:31 – 2012 DMC World Supremacy
- 00:36:27 – Question: How did you get your music on vinyl?
- 00:06:28 – 2012 Routines
- 00:07:24 – Beat Juggling
- 00:09:31 – 2012 DMC Online World Finals
- 00:14:15 – Question: What are the stickers on your records?
- 00:22:30 – Typical Practice Regimen
- 00:28:45 – Question: Do you ever try routines on different setups?
- 00:32:52 – Evolution of Digital DJing
- 00:40:20 – Is copyright an issue when DJing
- 00:02:04 – Question: How do you get original vocals to scratch?
- 00:06:10 – Greatest Ever Routine (DMC Online 2015)
- 00:08:01 – Question: Can you talk about scratching combos?
- 00:14:55 – Scratch Notation
- 00:25:48 – Scratch Scales
- 00:34:20 – Question: Which scratch did you learn first?
- 00:40:11 – Salsa Routine
Take an Online DJ Course
Learn Traktor, CDJs and Controllers
You can now take our entire DJ 101 course created by Will Marshall for FREE! That’s a 10 part series with over 6 hours of video content for you to watch. Will covers topics such as CDJ’s, beatmatching, mixers, Traktor, beat slicing, typical EDM song structures, MIDI controllers and effects as well as a good amount of material about the art and philosophy of DJing.