As one of the founding members of influential Washington D.C.-based collective Thievery Corporation, Rob Garza helped to define downtempo music for an entire generation. During the 1990s and 2000s, the band culminated a vast array of musical styles including dub, acid jazz, reggae, Middle Eastern rhythms and Brazilian bossa nova into a signature sound all their own. Now, the San Francisco resident has struck out on his own with a new label, releasing a promising debut solo EP entitled ‘Palace Of Mirrors” including the lead single, “Hide the Sunlight.”
Judging Panel Event at Pyramind | May 7th, 7-10 PM with Rob Garza
- After online voting finishes, the top 12 tracks will qualify for the live panel with Rob Garza and selected panelists at Pyramind Training.
- The tracks will be played live for the panel at Pyramind.
- The entire event will be shot on video and available to watch the following week.
- The judges and audience will score the remixes on a score of 1-5.
- The top track will win the Beatport Play Remix Competition.
- Winners announced by Beatport on May 12th.