Online Live Stream Tickets:
Monday, October 23rd 5:00 pm PST
Limited Early Bird tickets available through 10/21/17
San Francisco Workshop:
Thursday, October 19th 6:00 pm PST
Limited Early Bird tickets available through 10/17/17
We are excited to kick off our new Mentor Workshop series with this Advanced Sound Design for Serum class!
This lecture and interactive workshop will allow you to work along with Chris here in San Francisco, or from your home studio, and ask questions in real time to make sure you comprehend everything.
Dive deeper into Serum and unlock potential you didn’t know about and learn new tips and tricks from a professional sound designer who has spent years developing innovative workflows for a wide range of sound design tools and artists.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- Designing truly original and unique wavetables
- Manipulating shapes and images for sound design
- Building a better selection of sound design resources (wavetables, effects, samples, custom noise types, presets, etc.)
- Building better workflows and templates
- Analog emulation tips and tricks
- Gaining greater modulation control
Discover new ways to streamline your sound design processes so you can achieve better sounds faster and with a more professional delivery. Learn how to use more of Serum’s advanced features to make your sounds more flexible, so you can get more out of them.
You will be provided with the following for this workshop:
- Exclusive sound design resources, including samples, presets, images and more.
- Quick tips guide to help develop better workflows
- A special bonus gift!
- A computer with Serum installed to use for the SF event if you don’t have a laptop
What you need to attend:
- Purchase your ticket in advance
- Be ready to start on time
- Have headphones ready
- Recommended to have Serum installed on your computer
- A reliable internet connection for the Online Live Stream event
About Chris Gear:
Chris Gear is a musician, teacher, entrepreneur and technologist from Portland, OR. A life-long passion for emerging technologies, music and sound has been the driving force behind his many endeavors over the last 20+ years. Working to provide access to knowledge and resources artists need to learn, collaborate and grow, Chris has established himself as a catalyst for evolution in our industry. He brings a fresh and innovative approach to sound design education here at Pyramind, inspiring and empowering our students to engage with sound and music in powerful ways.
Chris also heads up our mentorship network, which continues to grow and will soon be larger than we ever could have imagined just one year ago. Community-minded and a well-respected leader in today’s online scene, he’s the mind behind many popular projects, including OhmLab and SoundFreqs, and helped to build impressive networks the likes of ADSR. He has worked with well-known companies across a wide range of industries, from Apple and Envato to Native Instruments and Loopmasters to help people connect with the resources they need to make their music, films, video games, etc come to life. A classically-trained chef, Chris is always cooking up something tasty, whether he’s in the kitchen, office, studio or classroom.